Sunday, February 24, 2013

Crayola

This is my lady's favorite one.  I haven't read it since I wrote it.  I could be so romantic.   She gave me the crayon as a topic for a poem

-->
Crayola
(Summer 2011)


If I had a colored crayon
To draw a picture
Of the most beautiful girl in the land
I would place it in my heart and
in my hand.


For her hair,
Be it most fair
I shall use a brown and a yellow.
Peach for her stomach
I use as a pillow.


It’s blue that I drew
To paint the dress
Precipitously dangling
From her brown freckled neck.
Lips pink as hibiscus
I vociferously peck.


The freckles I mentioned
Strewn like mahogany stars
All the way down to her knee
Her carnation scar.


Grey her busy eyes
Tiny cloud wrinkled skies
Red, rosy cheeks
Like ketchup on your fries.


A baiting smile
Teeth so ivory white
Like a crescent moon
Broken in the night.


In the faint incandescent dim
Of the bar we sat
Chocolate brown bellows
From the black Guinness tap.
Her cardinal tongue exposed
of the froth, she playfully laps.


For all the colors that she shows
She has an iridescent glow
Crayola cannot rightfully know.

No comments:

Post a Comment